Life in the Fast Lane
A journey overflowing with speed bumps, cliffs, mountains, hills and sometimes even u-turns.
Come and join me as we travel through life, as we share our dreams, even our lost dreams.
Let's chat about God's amazing Love and how that effects our path we walk.
Let's help each other through this bizarre thing called menopause, with honesty,
humor and of course with our tears.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why Me Lord?


Why does this happen to us women?
Why not to the Men?
Why when I sneeze, some of my bladder contents escape on to my dry underwear?
Why is the office window open, as I type this? (it is 7 degrees out)
Why is there no sleep?
Why do I get so frustrated so fast?
Why do I have no energy?

Although Menopause is not a fatal condition and there are a lot worse things out in the world that happen to people, this still affects us, and the people we love, and sometimes even people we do not even know.

Last Sunday on the back of our Bulletin was the following poem.

“I keep busy through the daytime hours,
Trying hard, to live by God's Holy Word;
Trails and Burdens, somehow come,
It's then, I tend to ask, “Why me, Lord?”

The mountain is difficult for me to climb,
But, I'll climb and obey God's word;
He promised to never leave me,
So, why do I ask, “Why me. Lord?”

His word is a lamp unto my feet,
Sharper than any two-edge sword;
It is a light unto my path, and so,
I must not question, “Why me Lord?”

God will not give more than I can bear,
I must keep my Faith strong in his word;
Jesus endured shame, pain, suffering and death,
I must no longer ask, “Why me Lord?”

Leona I. Miller

The passage below, was given to me by my Pastor when I was having difficulties  handling my Mother and her Alzheimer's.

“There are secret things that belong to the Lord our God, but the revealed things belong to us and our descendants forever, so that we may obey these words of the Law”
Deuteronomy 30:29 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment